Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Auditions in Ballet Manila

[currently listenin to: A Walk to Remember Soundtrack & John Mayer]

Finally, I had the guts to actually write this experience down...


okei...I was crazy!!

Last March 17, I actually auditioned in Ballet Manila!! (for their scholarships)

OMG!

This was only supposed to be something that would let my father know how far I have gone in passion....as he says it..



Donada St., Pasay City

I walked in the Ballet Manila compound with such nervousness that I think I was gonna pass out if I don't leave immediately

(okay...maybe that was too exaggerated, but still!)

I saw the BM bus....the big tour bus of Ballet Manila, then I walked in.

I already saw Lisa Macuja's home and studio in a magazine once...so the studio nearest to the entrance was not a surprise....the DANCERS in the studio were the surprising thing...

It's not actually a big thing to see dancers having a class but I kinda walked in a Company Class (I think)....there were like 4 girls and a LOT of boys.....they were having class...my goodness....they are very good!

wala lang....what do you expect...it's a dance company....so no biggie.

We (my dad and I) walked in the office.....the office was small....filled with papers and pictures and pictures and pictures.

He said, "She's (obviously referring to me) here for the auditions, how can she join?"

The woman there answered him...gave me a paper to fill in...gave me a number and told me to change and wait first coz the auditions will be at 2. Lisa and "Shaz" will be auditioning you.

Damn!

Honestly, I was really more excited to meet Osias Barroso, I don't know why. He was Ms. Damian's student btw.

hehe...

Okay....breathe in...2 of the leading "dancers" of the country would be auditioning me!

No big deal.

I went to the studio where the auditioning thing would be held.
People were stretching and chatting like they own the place.

Turns out...most of the girls there were already students of Ballet Manila and they were only going for the scholarships.

I asked one of them, "Taga-sang school ka?"

And she answered me (actually almost laughing??), "Uhm...taga-dito rin kami".

Okay...like 3 (including myself) girls were from other schools and the rest from there. There were boys there too.

I was #14

They (Lisa Macuja-Elizalde & Osias Barroso) kinda checked the attendace first.

And then we start.

Because the BM students already had class that morning, they went in first, skipped barre, went straight to center.
They just did developpes and arabesques...stuff like that...then they were done and called the non-BM students....

Barre first:
started with plies (sp?)....then Ms. Macuja checked everyone's extensions.
Luckily she lifted my left leg...it goes higher at the back....hehe...

anyhoo...Lisa Macuja lifted my leg!!!

No big deal.

Osias Barroso then asked who were already on pointes!
I raised my hand (in a very timid-ish way).

On the barre again....they just asked us to do rises and sous-sus...on pointe. Very simple.
Posse and arabesques on pointe too.

Then center:
They asked everybody to do soutenus on pointe (that's just turn and stop...turn and stop...so on)
I was second to the last..
After my turn (the last girl already started), Osias Barroso asked me if I could do chaines (sp?...pronounced as /shanes/ btw)

I said "yes"....coz we do that often naman e.

No big deal.

Why was I the only one asked to do chaines??!?!!

That's a good thing right?....

anyhoo...

Announcement of scholars?:

Before announcing...they had a talk about commitment....I was actually sweat-dropping because my purpose was not to be a pro in BM...I was just trying!
They also said...you shouldn't go to other schools na...and should be "loyal" to BM...

........sweat-drop...

The announcing was like "Project Runway-style" where all of the people were in a straight line and they ask some to come forward...yah...you know what I'm talking about...

They called most of the BM students first...they got half-scholarships in BM!!
Yay!

They called 4 or 5 people (including myself)....full scholars!!
...
........
...........OMG.

"You may now get your schedules in the office and we hope to see you this summer."

s***!!!

I panicked. I was only trying for crying out loud!
Tears were now silently streaming from my eyes...I didn't know what I was going to do.

Aaaaaaaaah!!...I rushed outside...looked for my dad and I managed to mouth, "Full....."

"What?", Papa said.
"Full!", I was really crying then. People aroung thought those were like tears of joy....they were actually tears of shock, confusion and panic.

My dad was laughing at me!!!
This was not a good time to laugh!

I wasn't really serious in this....look what that got me.

I just put my clothes over my leotards (still crying) when Lisa M. and Osias B. were walking in our direction...

I think they were gonna congratulate us or something when they noticed I was crying...

OMG!! This is the MOST EMBARASSING moment of MY LIFE!!!!

INIYAKAN KO SINA LISA MACUJA & OSIAS BARROSO!!!

O f***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not really a good first impression.
I didn't want to leave VCD. I haven't experienced what I want to experience there.

But those 2 said that this was supposed to be the next step for me.

Shoot me now.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhm... what do you want to experience in VCD anyway?

eKa said...

you know...stuff.

I want to dance "Saludo" and things like that.

Ms. Damian is way different. Great artistic value....
basta...things that one shouldn't miss.

Anonymous said...

Scholar ka na Tlaga?
GOSH!!
OMG!!!
GALING!!!
:D

Nice naman!!
:D

HEHEHHEHEHEHEHHE!!!

Anonymous said...

ang taray mo naman!
adrienne to..
wala lang..