Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Review: VMV HYPOALLERGENICS Armada Face Cover 30

Armada Face Cover 30

When I started going to a dermatologist, I was "scolded" for not having a face sunblock in my skin regimen. I know.. I know... you should NEVER ever go out without your sunscreen. My dermatologist really stressed its importance.

As per behealthyandrelax.com :
The long-term effects of not using sunscreen
When you don’t use sunscreen lotions, your skin [has] no sun protection and you are exposed to ultraviolet radiation (UVR).  Whether from the sun or tanning beds, you invite skin damage, skin cancer, immune suppression, and cataracts. The increase in the number of diagnosed cases of these problems is primarily the result of our lifestyle choices as well as environmental carelessness, such as ozone depletion.
Given this knowledge, which is backed by decades of scientific studies, you can and should take measures to protect yourself by following these steps:
  • Avoid unprotected UVR exposure at any time but particularly between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM which are the hours of peak ultraviolet radiation
  • Wear sun protective clothing, including a long-sleeve shirt, a hat with a three-inch brim and sunglasses.
  • Apply sunscreen with a SPF of 30 or higher to all unprotected skin 15-20 minutes before exposure and reapply it every two hours while exposed.
So okay, I had to go and find one. The problem is my skin is REALLY REALLY sensitive to sunscreen. Of course I have tried several brands already in my life, but most have caused very bad breakouts. So no sunscreen for me.

The search for THE sunscreen begins...
And this is the first one I've tried. Judging from the brand name, VMV Hypoallergenics...maybe it caters to more sensitive skin. I bought this one from Watsons in SM Mall of Asia for I think Php 780.

The product is this big (reference: my hand) and has 1.06oz of product in it. Just the right size, I think, for trying a face product. 


Armada Face Cover 30 consistency


Consistency is a bit creamy but not oily. It's matte when it dries (on my hand).

The problem is when I put it on my face. It makes your face really really shiny -- sticky shiny (because of its SPF ingredients), so blotting and putting on face powder after is A MUST.

Fortunately, it doesn't give a "white cast" in flash photography which is good if you're the type who takes a lot of photos throughout the day (with flash).

At the later part of the day, I wasn't comfortable with it -- felt really sweaty and oily, so retouch retouch retouch. (Or maybe I'm just not used to wearing sunscreen in our already hot & humid weather?)

Overall, it's a good sunscreen since it didn't break me out (first time!). But I'm still going to be trying other brands -- I haven't had that "THIS-IS-DEFINITELY-IT" moment yet.

Armada Face Cover 30

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you find the sunscreen for you already?

Cheneschenes said...

Why not try this product again now? It has been reformulated.